One of the issues I have had with AMSOIL in the past is the inability to easily find out how much money other dealers are earning. It's not that I want to compare myself to others but it would be nice to know exactly what is possible and to be able to set goals that are attainable and realistic.
I'm sure I'm not the only one on the team that has also wondered about this so I've decided to create some Income Report posts to share my AMSOIL earnings, successes and failures with you.
Your comments are always welcome either here on the blog or via email.
Let's get started with my goals for 2015...
2015 AMSOIL Goals
1. Increase my monthly commission cheques to $2000 by the end of 2015
2. Help my sister increase her commission cheques to $500 per month by the end of 2015
3. Grow my team of active Independent Dealers and Retail on the Shelf Accounts to 20 by the end of 2015
4. Grow my Preferred Customers to 200 by the end of 2015
Goal #1 - Increase my commission cheques to $2000 by the end of 2015 - My plan to reach this goal is tied closely to my other goals. In order to achieve the $2000 per month level, I'm going to focus on building my team of dealers and preferred customers. Additionally, and perhaps more importantly, I'm going to focus more on helping my team (you) build their business. I currently have ten Independent Dealers that are working hard to grow their business and with some small tweaks, I think we could all see some nice incomes in 2015.
Goal #2 - Help my sister increase her commission cheques to $500 per month - Sadly, my brother-in-law passed away last month and left behind my sister and her two young children. One of the things I love about my AMSOIL business is my ability to use it to help others. Although $500 per month is not life changing, it will really help my sister and her kids. My plan is to help her duplicate exactly what I have done to build my business. It took me two years of trial and error to get to $500 per month but I should be able to help her get to that level much faster...time will tell.
Goal #3 - Grow my team of active Independent Dealers and Retail on the Shelf Accounts to 20 - This is the one goal that causes me the must discomfort. Although I don't believe it will be difficulty, this goal is going to mean that I'll have to put a little more effort into outreach than I have in the past. It will take me out of my comfort zone a little but I'm sure the pay-off will be well worth it in the end.
Goal #4 - Grow my Preferred Customers to 200 by the end of 2015 - My plan for this entails two courses of action:
- Reach out to all of my Catalogue Customers and let them know about the PC Program. I'll primarily do this via email
- Work on retaining more of my existing PCs. I work hard to get new PC sign-ups but I tend to not stay in touch with them and each month, I see almost as many PCs drop off of my list as I do new sign-ups. I don't have a specific action plan yet but sending "thanks you" notes and stickers may be part of the plan.
Key Successes in November
- 10 New Catalogue Customers
- 3 New PCs
- 2 New Dealers
- 1 New ROTS Account
- 2 New Leads
- Lost 3 PC accounts and didn't try to retain them
- Possibly lost one dealer. I'll reach out to him today and see if I can help him stay on board.
- Lost a few dollars in retail profits because I didn't have filters in stock to go with the oil that I sold. Now that my inventory of oil is fairly strong, I'll work to improve my stock of filters as the year progresses
PS, if you are not already and AMSOIL Dealer, please click here to learn more or simply give me a call, I'm here to help.