Before You Spend Any Money:
Before you spend ANY money to build your AMSOIL business, ask yourself if you have you taken full advantage of all of the free advertising and promotion available to you? Just some of the available options include:
- Correctly list your contact info on www.amsoil.com - See this post
- Complete your T1 Certification Training - See this post
- Ensure you are correctly listed on www.SyntheticSolutions.ca and/or www.OilShopUSA.com - let me know if you see an error
- Post on Craigslist
- Post on Kijiji
- Post on other free local classified sites in your area
- Create an email signature that has your AMSOIL information
- Are you a member of any forums? If so, consider updated your forum profile and / or signature if permitted
- Tell all of your friends and family that you are now an AMSOIL Dealer
- Create and/or post on all available Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+)
- Create a free Google My Business listing
- Put an AMSOIL or www.SyntheticSolutions.ca sticker on your vehicle(s)
- Ask everyone you make a sale to for a referral
- Create a blog or website - ask me how to do this for free if you don't already know
- Much more...
Now That You've Made Some Sales:
Now that you have taken full advantage of all of the free advertising and promotion options available to you, you can start to re-invest a portion of your PROFITS back into your business. Notice that I said PROFITS. I don't believe in spending the money you earn at your day job on your AMSOIL business. I believe you should only invest the profits your AMSOIL business has created.
How Much To Re-Invest:
If you don't need your AMSOIL profits at this time, I'd suggest re-investing up to 100% of your profit back into your business. In time, you can reduce this to as low as 10% of profits but always budget at least 10% of your profits for advertising and promotion.
What to Invest in First:
Assuming that your focus is on Personal Retail Sales (I believe this is where all new AMSOIL Dealers should start), this is where I'd suggest re-investing the initial profits:
- Domain Name - Not 100% required but will help with all other promotion
- Business Cards - See this post
- Logo Wear - Shirts, Hats etc. - See this post
- Catalogues and other handouts
- Vehicle Magnet - If your vehicle is presentable, consider these. If you drive a dirty old car, this may not be a good idea
- Website - Available through AMSOIL or build your own
- Inventory - If you choose to stock some product, re-investing in some of these top sellers could help
- Google and / or Facebook advertising
- AMSOIL Premium Dealer Zone and possibly DBS System
- Much more...
So hope this helps you get a strong start with your AMSOIL business without spending too much of your own money. If you have any questions, or comments I'd love to hear them.
PS, if you are not an AMSOIL Dealer and would like to learn more about the dealer opportunity, click here to request a free information package or call me directly