- Our Team Websites: (www.syntheticsolutions.ca and www.OilShopUSA.com) I suggest you use the search box on the site to search for your town/city and make sure your name comes up. Check to see that I have created a page on the site for you, that all of your contact details are correct and that I've added your ZO# to all of the links on the page. Also, did I remember to add your contact info the the Find AMSOIL Near Me page? Did I do a blog post announcing that you are a dealer? If you find any errors or missing information, please let me know.
- Activate your AMSOIL Account: Ensure you are getting credit for any online sales that you make through the team websites and your other online activities by activating your account. Have a look at this older post for more info
- AMSOIL.com Ensure your contact info is correct and fully filled out on AMSOIL.com. Be sure to include your website URL (either your own or your team website page). Ensure you select "Yes" to be included in the dealer locator. See this post for more info
- Craigslist & Kijiji. Be sure to have at least one post on Craigslist and Kijiji. You can also have a few different posts but don't spam these sites or you run the risk of getting blocked. I'll post in greater detail in the future but for now, be sure to have an ad or two on each of these site's auto parts categories
- Post on free, local classified sites. If you have any free classified sites other than Craigslist and Kijiji in your town that people actually use, be sure to post there as well. For example, in Nanaimo, I've been told that www.usednanaimo.com is popular.
- Claim your Google Listing. Review this article for more info: http://synup.com/how-to/claim-add-bing-listing.html If this is too technical for you or you'd just prefer that I do this for you, let me know and I'll add you as a location in my Google account.
- Claim your listing on Bing. See this article: http://synup.com/how-to/claim-add-bing-listing.html
- Social Media. There are many strategies on how to use social media correctly to build your business but for now, if you do not already have the popular social media accounts set-up, you should do so...even if you don't use them yet: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Yelp).
- Online Business Directories. Adding your listing to the free online business directories can help people find you. As an added bonus, Google will like the fact that you link to your website. Be sure to link to your team website page or your own URL...do not link directly to AMSOIL.com A few Canadian examples include: YellowPages.ca (free listing), 411.ca, PhonePages.ca, CanadaPoints.com. Here's an article with 55 more that will work in Canada and the USA http://www.localseoguide.com/best-local-business-directories-seo/
- Get T1 Certified. Completing your T1 certification is among the most important things you can do as an AMSOIL Dealer. Have a look at this post to learn more
BONUS #2: Talk to people. Nothing works better to build your AMSOIL business than just getting out there and talking to people. Be sure to tell your friends and family about your AMSOIL business and ask them if they know of anyone that changes their own oil in the vehicles. Then ask them to give your business card or brochure to that person.
When you see a nice Harley or other vehicle, say Hi to the guy and introduce yourself as an AMSOIL dealer. Ask him if he's ever tried AMSOIL and give him your card.
Thanks gals and gals, I hope this helps. If you have any suggestions for other FREE ways to promote your business I'd love to hear about them. Shoot me an email or better yet, leave a comment below for everyone to see.
Talk to you soon.
PS, if you are not an AMSOIL Dealer and would like to learn more about the dealer opportunity, click here to request a free information package or call me directly